For this post, we’re talking all about keyword research. Finding good keywords is arguably the MOST important skill a niche website builder can posses.
Do you have 90 seconds to find a treasure trove of low competition, question-style keywords? If so, read on.
You’re probably not using this tactic, and it’s really really simple to implement.
Quick Keyword Research
Here we go…
- Open Ahrefs
- Put “quora.com” into Site Explorer
- Go to Organic Keywords
- Search for a seed keyword that you want to research
For this example, I chose “kiwi.”
Now, scan through and look for questions that look relevant.
I found a bunch on the first page:
- is a kiwi a berry
- why do kiwis burn my tongue
- what does kiwi taste like
- can you eat the core of a kiwi
Let’s look at “why do kiwis burn my tongue”
Quora ranks #4
There is a DR 18 URL ranking #1
There is a DR 1 URL ranking #5
You get the picture….
Rinse and repeat. Not all you find will work out this way, but a lot will.
Quora URLs are typically a good sign of ranking potential.
A well written article on the specific topic should outrank a Quora article, provided Google sees your site as topically relevant.
Internally link all of these articles together using Link Whisper. Link all of this type of content back up to your Core Pages and Articles.
Bonus tips on this strategy I’ve heard from others:
- add a filter to only show Quora results in Top 3 or Top 5 (via @DavidWoutersen)
- use Ahrefs Content Gap report instead if you already rank for a bunch of keywords in this topical silo (via @ianhelms)
Looking for another powerful way to find keywords? Use REGEX in Google Search Console!